- Typology, purpose and operation of Cookies.
- How to disable Cookies in the common browsers.
- What happens if Cookies are disabled. li>
The CANARIAS.COM Websites use "Cookies", and other similar mechanisms (hereinafter, Cookies). Cookies are files sent to a browser through a web server to record the User's activities on a specific website or on all the websites, apps and/or services of the CANARIAS.COM websites (hereinafter, the Services). The first purpose of Cookies is to provide the User with a faster access to the selected Services. In addition, Cookies personalize the Services offered by the CANARIAS.COM Websites, facilitating and offering each User information that is or can be of interest to them, in consideration of their use of the Services.
Likewise, the websites of CANARIAS.COM may know all the Services of Canarias.com requested by the Users, so that they may provide or offer information according to the tastes and preferences of each User.
b) Typology, purpose and operation of Cookies:
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session cookies or permanent cookies. The first ones expire when the User closes the browser. The second ones expire when the objective for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, for the User to remain identified in the Services of Canarias.com) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on its objective, the cookies we use can be classified as follows:
REGISTRATION COOKIES: Registration Cookies are generated once the User has registered or subsequently opened their session, and they are used to identify the User during the use of the Services with the following objectives: p>
- Keep the User identified so that, if the Service, browser or computer is closed, and at another time or another day the Service is opened again, the User will remain identified, facilitating their navigation without having to re-identify. This functionality can be suppressed if the User uses the "close session" option, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time they access the Service the User will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the User is authorized to access certain Services, for example, to participate in a contest.
Additionally, some Services may use social networks connectors such as Facebook or Twitter. When the User registers in a Service with credentials of a social network, they authorize the social network to keep a persistent Cookie that remembers their identity and guarantees access to the Services until it expires. The User can delete this Cookie and revoke access to the Services through social networks by updating their preferences in the social network that they specified.
ANALYTICAL COOKIES: Each time the User visits a Service, a tool from an external provider (Omniture, Netscope, Comscore and similar that may be added to this list in case they vary in relation with the current ones) generates an analytic Cookie in the User's computer. This Cookie, which is only generated during the visit, will serve during the future visits to the Services of Canarias.com to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives that are pursued are: p>
- Allow the anonymous identification of the navigating Users through the "Cookie" (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate count of the number of visitors and their tendency in time. li>
- Identify the most visited contents anonymously and therefore more attractive to the Users
- Know if the User who is accessing the web is a new or repeat visit.
Important: Unless the User decides to register in a Service of Canarias.com, the "Cookie" will never be associated with any personal data that can identify them. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help optimize user experience on the website. P>
- Google Analytics:
c) How to disable Cookies in popular browsers:
It is possible to stop accepting browser cookies, or cookies from a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change the Cookies settings. These settings can be usually found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of the browser.
The CANARIAS.COM Websites offer the User guidance on the steps to access the configuration menu of the cookies and, where appropriate, the private browsing in each of the popular browsers: p>
- Internet Explorer : Tools - Internet options - Privacy - Configuration.
For more information you can check the Microsoft support or the browser Help section.
- Firefox : Tools - Options - Privacy - History - Custom Settings. Li>
For more information you can consult the Mozilla support or the browser Help section.
- Chrome : Settings - Show advanced options - Privacy - Content configuration. Li>
For more information you can check the Google Chrome support or the browser Help section.
- Safari : Preferences - Security.
For more information, you can check the Apple support or browser Help.