Tenerife has a lot to offer and you definitely won’t be short of places to go in Tenerife. Tenerife is the largest of the Canary Islands. It is visited by over 4 million tourists each year making it also the most visited of the Canary Islands. Tenerife attractions are very broad so it can be great for almost every type of holiday. In this article, we will delve into just some of the many things you can do in Tenerife.
• Siam Park: Siam Park is a Thai themed waterpark. It covers 48 acres with the largest collection of Thai buildings outside of Thailand. It is located in Costa Adeje and counts with a vast amount of waterslides. These waterslides are geared towards both family and adrenaline fun.
• Mount Teide National Park: Mount Teide National Park is a world heritage site and is home to Mount Teide. This is a dormant volcano that hasn’t erupted since 1909. With a peak of of 3718 Metres it is the highest peak in Spain and the second highest in Europe. You can hike or take a cable car to the peak of the volcano. From the top of this volcano you have amazing panoramic view of the island. Mount Teide is part of a National Park so you will need permission to visit. This is one of the Tenerife attractions that is free of charge. And without a doubt, it is one of the best places to go in Tenerife.
• Vast Array of Beaches: Tenerife offers a wide selection of beaches. With an over 400km coastline it has many different types of beaches. 10 of Tenerife’s beaches have been awarded the blue flag. If you have an interest in water sports there is a beach by the name of El Medano, which is considered one of the world’s best beaches for wind surfing and kite surfing.
• Loro Parque: Loro Parque zoo was opened in 1972 and was initially dedicated to Parrots but has since been expanded to include many other animals like lions and whales. This attraction is a fun day out for the entire family. Loro Parque zoo is located on the outskirts of Puerto de la Cruz. The ticket for Loro Parque can be bought as a double entrance with another Tenerife attraction – Siam Park.
• Guachinches: A trip to Tenerife is not complete without going Guachinches. If you want to experience the true essence of Tenerife you have to go to Guachinches. These are small restaurants that offer traditional Canarian food. The majority of them are located in the northern Tenerife and can be quite difficult to find, however if you download the Guachapp application it will guide you towards one of their delicious restaurants.
After reading this article, we hope you could get an idea of a vast amount of places to go in Tenerife. Tenerife attractions are very numerous and different. The island has a lot to offer to people of every taste. We hope that perhaps now you might want to go Tenerife a little bit more.
This post is also available in: Spanish